Here’s a quick and easy recipe for a healthy 4th of July dessert! Made with delicious and simple ingredients this is sure to be a dessert all your guests will enjoy!
- 1 cup stemmed and quartered strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup each blackberries (halved) and raspberries
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup whole-grain spelt flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk (TRY: Organic Valley Pasteurized Whole Milk)
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Mist a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in milk and butter until just combined. Scrape into skillet and sprinkle with berry mixture.
- Turn off heat on 1 side of grill. Place skillet on unheated side, close lid and grill until cake is set and edges are golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly. Cut into wedges.
- Serve with a generous dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of sweet honey. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/8 of cobbler, Calories: 195, Carbohydrate: 34g, Cholesterol: 17 mg, Fat: 2 g, Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Sodium: 212 mg, Sugar: 20 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g